One thing that is a common to understand within the Utilities periphery is that the industry has so many levels, For Example, from the global energy market, to the local generators and the then household consumer. The split as we see it at a high level can be broken into 4 specific buckets, but they are all linked:
- Generation and Transmission
Some of the Data Areas to focus could be:
- Evaluating Market Liquidity
- Real Time Pricing Discovery
- Valuation Risk Portfolio
- Regulatory Compliance
- Trading & Oversight Services
- Capital Management
- Industry Standardization
- Process Standardization
- Reduction of Tech complexity
- Global & standardized Reporting Hub
The energy sector has an opportunity to tap into the potential of a host of energy intelligence that is not yet captured by available market solutions providers. Consider a utility to which market participants contribute comprehensive transaction level data that includes:
- Locations—hundreds of which are not currently indexed by any publisher—including physical gas and power, as well as all financial trade index locations
- Trade types, both financial as well as physical, including those not typically reported such as swaps, same day physicals, physical forwards and bilateral options.
These are some of the avenues where IoTFyNow has been working through our prowess of Hardware and Software based collaborative solution powered by IoT/ Edge and AI. We see opportunities all along the power-industry value chain, from generation to customer relationship management.
The digital revolution is coming to the power industry. Renewables, distributed generation, and smart grids demand new capabilities and are triggering new business models and regulatory frameworks. This is where we come in as a Team.